• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Hi, new member here. Am a happy owner of a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

bcudasteve

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for hosting this fine forum. I have been a happy owner of a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (or is it 'Unlimited Rubicon'?). Still have while (about 7 months) left to pay it off then I will be having fun accessorizing the heck out of it. All I've done so far is replace the worn out factory rubber with 5 265R75 R 16's Pro-Comp all-terrains. Can't go any bigger without a lift or replacing the fenders (I think). Look forward to many years of enjoyment with that great go anywhere, do anything rig.

Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to the team my friend! Glad you could join us. :)

What will be your first mod?

Hoping to do a 2 1/2 inch lift first to accommodate some 33 x 12.50 mud terrain tires in my garage, already mounted on 15x10 wheels for 5 on 4.5 in bolt pattern, used them 1 winter season on my '76 Ramcharger, which now has 35 x 12.50's. The diameter of the tires I run now is 31 inches, so I thought that might be enough of a lift. Unless I want more articulation and install a disconnect for the anti-sway bars, then have to go more lift.:cool:

That's a great start!

ty for your feedback, guess I'll definitely need more lift then. The tires are Hankook Mud Terrain T-34's. Do you believe another inch would be ok? or 2?

Also curious what you think about ~

Truck-Lite LED Headlamp Kit For 97-06 Jeep? Wrangler TJ

Every 12-13 months I have to replace the standard type incandescent headlights (low beam dies), and thought these might be a good 'permanent' solution.

:confused::)

yes the new LED head lights are nice but pricy look at speaker LED head lights most heavy truck shops carry them

I have truck lite on my 2002 TJ had for at least 3 years LOVE them and highly recommend them . I have both headlights and their work lights .

Welcome Steve! Can't wait to see some pics of your ride....keep us updated on your mods!