• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Work at a Chrysler dealership, get free college education

Reaction score
Filed under: Etc., Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, RAM, Car Dealers, United States
http%3A%2F%2Fhss-prod.hss.aol.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F8b52fc2145dd43ec22e89c5df323b84e%2F201944896%2F130623030.jpg
FCA US is offering a completely free college education to all of its dealership employees through a partnership with Strayer University called Degrees@Work. The workers can earn associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees in a variety of subjects.Continue reading Work at a Chrysler dealership, get free college education
Work at a Chrysler dealership, get free college education originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 04 May 2015 11:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Most large employers have some sort of educational benefits as part of an employees compensation package. Just like better healthcare and dental benefits, education helps when you are in a geographical area that pays poorly in dollars compared with neighboring counties or states. My wife's employer, The University of Rochester Medical Center paid for almost all of her classes to get a B.S., in Social work, even though she is a nurse and works half the week as a clinical coordinator. Add that 90% of the tuition to her relatively low hourly pay, compared from her past job in the Seattle area (almost a full $11/hour loss of pay), it starts making more sense. She's been there for 9 years and if our daughter can get accepted to the U of R, which in itself is very difficult, she only has to pay 10% the cost of tuition. I hope the Chrysler dealership employees take full advantage of this and that managers will work with employees schedules to allow them to participate. I've seen many employers offer this but make it something the employee can not do without giving up their position because of time constraints. I see they limit this to one specific college/university, which isn't totally fair, but perhaps this university can work better with employees work hours.