• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

01 Cherokee

cbush314

Reaction score
Hey there, this is my first Jeep. Its an 01 Cherokee 60th Anniversary, 4.0, auto, 231 t-case, 166k, Banks Torq-tube header, custom 2.5 cat-back, Rubicon Express track bar, Rubicon Express 2'' lift, Pro-Comp 2.5'' coilspacers, 2'' rear blocks, Rubicon 16'' wheels powder coated black, 265/65/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 5% tint all around, Surco Luggage rack, 6k HIDS. I will put up some pics and let me know what you think. 2012-09-01_18-46-47_270.jpg2012-09-01_18-47-54_733.jpg2012-09-01_18-49-11_122.jpg

Love it. :)

Thanks. Its not perfect, but I like it. Are there not too many members on this forum?

Thanks. Its not perfect, but I like it. Are there not too many members on this forum?

Not yet we just opened, but this is our fourth forum so don't worry it will get busy.

Of course! Nice jeep

Thanks! Its not half bad. So how is that 4bt?!?! I would love to do that with mine. HOODSTACK!

its a project as of the moment. After i finish this one, I have many many more.... 3 more 6bt motors around and I just gave up on my fummins. Never let your family borrow your diesel....

Thanks WyoJeepin! And 4btjeep, why do you say that? I am a huge fan of cummins diesel. I would love to put a 4bt in mine. But what kind of power potential do they have? I would like to run around 300 give or take. Is that even possible with the 4bt?

In factory trim they can have up to 120HP. I have seen them produce as much as 800HP, lots and lots of mods of course. So yes 300HP is very doable and reliable.

In factory trim they can have up to 120HP. I have seen them produce as much as 800HP, lots and lots of mods of course. So yes 300HP is very doable and reliable.

right on, mine is about 250hp and i am leaving it there. No need for much more with all the torque

So with 250 hp, what kind of torque does it make. Im sure it could get like 30 mpg?

Good god! I want one now! Actually this I6 isn't too bad. I have the auto, ans I don't like the shift points. Other than that its OK power wise. I can actually get about 17-18 MPG average. What all does a 4bt swap entail? It can't be terribly insane because its mechanical. But what about transmission?

I have a friend with 3:08 ratio rears nv4500 trans and is getting 38 to 40 mpg Highway it is horrible around town and I mean like 28 mpg around town but thats all based on his gearing. I am sticking with 3:42's as my ratio for awhile. I am figuring on 35mpg as my goal. It will be a fun DD once its done.

28 would be fine by me especially with all that power. What kind of trans would you run with one of those!

right now my though on mine is an nv4500 5spd though I may go automatic I happen to have an nv5600 trans around if i wanted a 6 spd, but i am likely to save that for the p pump chevy cummins i am contemplating.

as for my buddy with one, he used a 47re trans from a 99 w2500

Wow, I never would have thought a 4 Banger would require a 3/4 tone trans lol.