• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

01 Cherokee

I would have http://www.goerend.com/ build one. Thats what I have in my 02 Dodge and love it! Its billet everything and tough. I sled pull, drag race and daily drive it, it's dynoed at 544hp 1201tq.

If you like rowing the gears then get a 6spd otherwise get a built 47re from Goerend.

I'm a Cummins guy for sure! I would like to get one in a few years when I get done with college. I would like to get a 06' or new just for the fact of EFI live. I have friends with it in their trucks and I am very impressed with the results and benefits to having it. But as far as a tranny, I personally wouldn't want to dump a lot of money into an auto when I could take a stock manual trans and maybe do a clutch and pressure plate for around half of the price. Plus, it would make me feel like I'm driving a big rig lol. But then again, I love the hard and quick shifts from a built auto.

you can't chip or tune a 4bt its a mechanical motor.

as for the trans. its what i have around. I am building it on a small budget. like $500 parts budget. so motor trans and clutch are not included as they are sitting in the garage.

as for why a 3/4 ton trans, its a torque monster for a 4cyc motor. I am making sure nothing breaks. the T-fer case i am using is from a dodge 2500 also.

Last edited:
I see. It would be an amazing set up though! I would love to do that, but I also would love to build my 4.0. I think that turbocharging it would be really cool. I don't offroad in it, I have no self control when I do lol. I have every intention of taking it easy, but I always jump it some how lol! When I took it to Silver Lake this summer, I aired it out and came down so hard I bottomed all for corners out so hard it rubbed on the inside of the fenders lol. But I do a lot of highway/long distance driving and I feel like that boost would really help out. I Understand that it isn't supposed to be a race car or handle like one either but who doesn't like a little more power?