• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

1991 Jeep YJ... oversized tire carrier rattle

Bill Martin

Reaction score
Hello all..
I just wanted to share this and soon, the next day or so I will be adding pics. I was cleaning around my jeep and found that the oversized spare carrier was really taking its toll on the new bumper, broken welds and cracked metal. Well, in having to remove the original tire carrier, that gave me some open mounting holes that haven't been used. I had some scrap metal around and decided to fabricate something together. Being the tailgate is devised to carry the weight of a tire, I figured a small, heavy duty bracket could be bolted on here. We almost have it together.... 2 more welds tomorrow and it will be complete. A little cleaning and some paint or rubberized undercoat and done. Like I said I will post pics in the next day or so to give anyone interested an idea.

Thanks
Bill

Can't wait to see pics.

bumper bracket 3.jpgbumper bracket 4.jpgbumper bracket1.jpgbumper bracket2.jpg
Here is the finished product... and now maybe tire carrier rack above it... cause this thing is rock solid and NOT moving.....

Very nice.