• Welcome to the IGOTAJEEP Community, the Official Home of the Jeep! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Hi from Franklin, TN

simspace

Reaction score
Hi All, I am Chris from Franklin TN. I'm glad to have found this forum.

My son and I love Jeeps. We love wrenching on Jeeps. We love beating on Jeeps off road.

We've had a '94 YJ, and a '99 TJ. My son plans to get another TJ within the next 6 months.

We currently have three XJs, two of which we are rebuilding.One is a motor rebuild. The other is an interior rebuild. The previous owner thought it would be a great idea to clean the entire XJ interior with a power washer. :confused: We gutted the entire interior. We even had to gut the heater box and refoam it. What a mess. We rolled on bedliner last week. We are now in assembly mode. We hope to have it on the road by the end of August.

28487292620_bb3e74a382_z.jpg

-Chris

welcome! props to you for tackling interior work. did a lot of wiring get ruined [MENTION=599]simspace[/MENTION]?

Welcome friend. Thanks for joining us.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

welcome! props to you for tackling interior work. did a lot of wiring get ruined @simspace?
Thank you! Most of the wiring looks good.

The instrument cluster was ruined. I went to a local pull-a-part for another instrument cluster, plugged it in and it worked perfectly.

My only concern right now is the transmission control unit which is mounted under the glove box. I test drove the wet, smelly jeep before I paid for it. It ran great, but I am going to a pull TCU from a junker at pull-a-part to be on the safe side.

While I was at pull-a-part, I also grabbed some replacement seats and a couple of fuel rails, because I have to rewire the fuel injectors. The previous owner broke his back. The jeep was left sitting for a long time and rodents chewed the injector wires. The injectors still work, but all the wires are exposed. Once that's done, it should be road-worthy.

How much did you get the Jeep for?

How much did you get the Jeep for?

$1000. Body is in great shape. Low miles on the motor and tranny.
It was used as a hunting vehicle. We'll be using it for mostly off-road and some local driving.
The front clip is fiberglass. I picked up another white front clip and grill from pull-a-part, but I may just fix the black spot in the fiberglass clip.

28752147216_e87d193f7b_k.jpg

Now that is a good deal. Congrats.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?